Happy Popcorn Lover’s Day!
It seems only fitting that we mention that today is Popcorn Lover’s Day as the campers and staff know that when the smell of popcorn is wafting out of our office, the popcorn machine is going and it is time to come in for a sample!
If you’ve got a craving for something salty, crunchy and downright sweet to eat, you’re in luck! This annual food holiday is celebrated each year on the second Thursday in March.
Popcorn not only tastes good, but contains fiber and it can be low in fat and calories. Did you know air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup? Perfect for snacks, movie night or parties, you can eat popcorn right out of the bag or freshly popped. Whether you prefer yours loaded with butter, drizzled with your favorite topping like cheese or caramel or just plain, popcorn is simple to make and fun to eat.
In honor of Popcorn Lover’s Day, why not try one of the fabulous popcorn recipes below:
30 Popcorn Recipes
- Perfect Popcorn – This 5-star recipe, from Alton Brown, explains just how to make that perfect batch of homemade popcorn.
- Kettle Corn – This simple recipe has been saved more than 22,000 times! You’ll need vegetable oil, white sugar and unpopped popcorn.
- Caramel Popcorn – Talk about a hit! This popular 5-star recipe has been saved over 43,000 times!
- Caramel Popcorn – If you loved Cracker Jacks, check this recipe out! Besides popcorn, you’ll need molasses, dark corn syrup, baking soda, unsalted butter and salted peanuts.
- Caramel Apple Crunch – Sweet and tart.
- Butter Pecan Popcorn – This recipe calls for popped popcorn, pecans, butter, light corn syrup, vanilla extract and instant butter pecan pudding mix!
- Praline Popcorn Crunch – This recipe calls for popped popcorn, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, baking soda and pecans.
- Dulce De Leche Popcorn Balls – Need a little chocolate fix? Check out this divine recipe that calls for fat-free sweetened condensed milk, light brown sugar, graham-cracker crumbs, butterscotch instant flavored pudding mix and a chocolate-covered crunchy peanut butter candy bar.
- Popcorn S’mores – Here’s a twist on a popular treat! You’ll need light brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, baking soda, popcorn, mini marshmallows, mini graham cookies and chocolate chips.
- Poppy Chow – You’ll need popped popcorn, butter or margarine, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Popcorn – You’ll need microwave popcorn, margarine, brown sugar, peanut butter and marshmallows for this popular recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese Popcorn – You’ll need unpopped popcorn, butter and Cheddar or Colby cheese for this recipe.
- Blue Cheese Popcorn – Instead of cheddar, try blue cheese!
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn – This recipe calls for popped popcorn, butter, hickory-smoked salt, American cheese and bacon bits.
- Garlic and Parmesan Popcorn – This recipe calls for corn and olive oil, garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper and popcorn.
- Barbecued Popcorn – You’ll need chili sauce, Parmesan cheese and onion and chili powder for this recipe.
- Zesty Buffalo Style Popcorn – This recipe calls for hot-pepper jelly, Cajun seasoning, reduced-fat ranch-flavored and cheese crackers, cooking spray and popcorn of course.
- Buffalo Style Hot Popcorn – This spicy recipe calls for popped corn, dry-roasted peanuts, butter, Louisiana-style hot sauce, celery seed, butter and corn chips.
- Cajun Corn Recipe – Speaking of heat…
- Chili Cheese Popcorn – Add some spice to your life with this simple to make recipe.
- Nacho Popcorn – If you love nachos, you’ve got to try this popcorn recipe!
- Jello Rainbow Popcorn – Who says popcorn has to be white? Just add JELLO gelatin to the mix and you’ve a rainbow of colors in your bowl!
- Cinnamon Candy Popcorn – This contest winning popcorn calls for a bag of red-hot candies.
- Vanilla Hazelnut Heaven – This recipe includes fudge striped cookies, fat-free hazelnut-flavored powdered coffee creamer, sugar or substitute, cooking spray and popcorn.
- Yummy Yogurt Popcorn – Believe it or not, this recipe calls for plain yogurt!
- Grasshopper Mint Popcorn – Perfect for the holidays, you’ll need crème de menthe, sugar, peppermint oil, and popcorn for this sweet treat.
- Pineapple or Pina Colada Popcorn – Add a bit of tropical flair to your ho-hum popcorn.
- Coconut Popcorn Snowballs – Perfect for the holidays, these snowballs are adorable!
- Cranberry Popcorn Deluxe – Here’s another great recipe for the holidays.
- Haystacks – These popular snacks include popcorn, chow mein noodles, peanut butter, white chocolate or almond bark and butterscotch or peanut butter chips.